Friday 17 July 2015

Weird Sighting

Few days ago I was travelling in the dark night on the motorway coming to islamabad, and the sky was amazing!! I could see the milky way arcing across the sky! Infront of us about 15deg above the horizon two blinking lights appeared, moving towards each other. Both of them suddenly Flared up bright orange! brighter than Venus in the night sky! For almost 4 seconds they remained, till they dimmed out and were blinking again. Then they were moving in the sky, turning here and there, going up going down. More happened that night which freaked me. I drew a sketch of what I saw in my diary. Those 2 lights were dancing towards the East under rigel and to the left of Altair
the big dipper and polaris were slightly towards the right of the direction my car was going in
they kept appearing, disappearing, turning lights on and off, for a good 30minutes
till only one light remained, It went towards the North and then North West to the left of the Big dipper and slowly slowly it went and disappeared on the horizon. 15 minutes after this we stopped at a gas station. My cameras battery died, otherwise I would have shot the milky way. I was talking to my dad on the mobile telling him what I saw.
He told be that a few minutes ago he was also flying in that area (on a turbo prop), but he didnt see any lights or any other aircraft on the radar. My mom snatched the phone from me and started talking about her own stuff when suddenly I saw a pale blue glowing thing fly across the sky accurately speaking, it hit my view from under the big dipper, AKA north and went straight, very fast to South West almost it went through my part of the sky in about 4 seconds which is fast, my part of the sky being the whole sky above me.


1 comment: